Friday, November 7, 2008

The Greatest Show on TV (prologue)

"K, our TRP is an all time low, this month. People want something new, refreshing and different. Something which they can relate too. I know you have delivered a lot of winning formulas in the past but this is the last chance I can offer. Else I will have to pull the plug on K studios", Mr Sharma announced.

Things hadn't been going that well for my production house recently. There was a time when our shows were all over the network but the recent wave of slapstick comedies had replaced the dramas. People all over the country were still recovering from the Dalal street crash of 2011, and they just needed no-brainer shows to bring in humor and satire to keep them alive.

I was running out of time. Within 3 weeks I had to produce the pilot episode of a new show that would decide the fate of my studio and the people working in it. And things were looking bad. That's when I received a call from an old friend of mine.

"K! How are you gal, haven't seen you for ages. Care for some coffee in 1600 hours, in our usual place?"
"sure, see you there", i replied.

It had been ages since we last met. Sharp 4 pm, I reached our favorite coffee house and found Amay waiting.

"What's the matter, he asked. You look so pale. Is everything fine?", he asked.
I told him what had happened a while back.

"Hmm, something new, something fresh. I think I have exactly the thing you are looking for. Listen, here is the plan for the Greatest Show Ever on TV".

And this is how our story begins.

1 comments:

Shaili A. Shah said...

LOL Why do you have to do this?!?!? END the story, NOW!!! Curiousity kills the cat! :D

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL