Thursday, May 15, 2008

Lost in Time: Chapter 1

Jaipur, June 2010

I was really excited and nervous thinking of the wonderful days ahead. Emaan had proposed on the eve of my 24th birthday and I instantaneously said yes. Our family knew each other well, and had known about us since our college times. It was a perfect story.

Emaan had just called up, as he always does, at 1 PM sharp, when he gets free for his lunch break. Later, around 11PM, he will call again to make sure, I go to sleep on time.

Emaan was the perfect lovable, caring guy, a girl could ever ask for. Even though he was really busy with his software engineering job with a leading IT firm, he never forgets to call.

Ever since I graduated, I had been living with my bestest friends - Kriti and Neha in Bangalore, the IT city of India. I had a nice job as a consultant in a leading IT firm and they had agreed to transfer me to Pune, where Emaan worked. I would soon be leaving my friends and this nice little place of ours, to a strange new city. But becoming Mrs Emaan would always be worth it. I blushed at the thought and went on to my office desk to check out the status reports of the new automation system that we were developing for a leading foreign MNC.

Convinced with the progress, I decided to take a break. I am not sure how it came to me but I had this wildest idea, of checking my name on google. I typed in Arin Banerji on google and was greeted with thousands of hits. I knew none of them were about me but still glanced through the hits. That's when I stumbled across "Project Arin".

What struck me immediately was the title. It seemed like a mystery story about a person who shared the same name as me. I clicked on it to read the blog and that's when I got the biggest surprise of my life. To be continued..

0 comments:

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL